quinta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2012

The lost song



And so decays my heart.
Cold. Suburban.
A wild act of loneliness.

And so fades life.
Slowly disappearing,
never to be seen again.

Alas, we might found the music again,
when our minds go deaf and our hearts go cold.
But I tend to believe. I believe in life,
I believe in the future .
(though there might be no future)

My soul will stop beating
and some old blues will start playing again.
As slow as my soul.

The infinite circus of life will keep wandering.
And I will be running in circles.
Never crying, never bending, never begging.
Never being.

You changed the music in me.
You pierced news songs into my heart.
And it is now bleeding.
Will I meet death? Maybe deaf?

No. The song remains.
I am the same.
You are the one who changed.

Left in a single-purposed winter,
you sought news songs.
Never writing, never playing.
Just buzzing around a new tale.

Unfortunately, tales are wise and men are stupid.
I am patient. I will wait.
My hands will turn to stone and my eyes will dry.
But I won`t die. And I will see you.

You will crawl back some day.
Longing. Begging.
But the songs have been so many times repeated
that we both won`t ever forget.
And forgiveness comes from oblivion.
We will die with no songs left behind us.

Caio Mello
20/12/2012

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário